Thursday, November 24, 2016

Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving. Happy Indigenous Peoples.

My blog is a not a soapbox I expect to stand on and bring life views into discussion. It's just not the place, it not appropriate.
I never plan to bring religion, politics, or other heavily controversial issues to head here.

That said, not everyone celebrates today the same.

My hope is that everyone far and wide is able to put time aside for their family and friends, those they have in their lives and to take whatever time they can to enjoy it together. To be able to reflect and be thankful for what they have, what they value in life, and what they hope their future holds.

May you be able to have such a day. May you all have food in your bellies, shelter over your heads, clothes on your backs, and those you love with you. Not only today, but without your life.

My parents are over a thousand miles away, as well as my brother is about 500 miles, but my home is still open to those I have here. My partner, their relatives, and friends. Lured in by the promise of food and board games.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day, may you all find a way to be thankful and pass it on to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment